Search This Blog

Mar 10, 2011

JC workshop London

I participated in the JC workshop in London the 8th of March and enjoyed it very much. It was really a workshop for degree students to practice presenting skills. I was pretty amazed by the widely varying concepts and outcomes from the different students, also by them in the same module, ie presenting an outdoor/indoor installation. I was particularly fond of the presentation about an indoor installation in the premises of the National Archives, as well as an outdoor piece at a slate mine. Another that caught my heart was an outdoor piece in a remembrance park in addition to a "matching" piece to place indoors. A further presentation that I fell in love with was an exhibition of what can be achieved by folds and pleats. This student/artist; Catherina pinpointed precisely my own fondness in pleats and folds, or what you can find hidden behind doors. I had myself already planned a piece for my last task in module 2, a piece of hidden and exposed images in curls of printed organza. I became quite encouraged by this.

No comments:

Post a Comment