Search This Blog

Mar 31, 2011

A first try to paint and print

I decided to make a first try on silk crepe by just painting inside a stencil cut our from newsprint paper. I used silk crepe and initially used dye with thickener in it in order to have some more firm contours. I proceeded by painting a lighter gery with sye without thickener in order to make it run -- and it did bleed profoundely. Subsequently I had planned to paint very thin lines of shocking neon colours of pink, green and turquise as well as yellow - however that did not work out quite as I had planned. The lines did not become as straight and defined as I had wished for and the colours did not at all become as striking as desired. Anyway, I will proceed to make a scarf - actually it did become rather fun and contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment